The rules to Jorkyball are pretty much like you'd expect but with a few variations that keep the action fast paced and take into account the close quarters. It's a great spectator sport and you don't have to pay as much as if you wanted to buy Buffalo Bills Tickets. Admission is usually free except in the case of some of the top Jorkyball professional games. In those cases, you can expect prices as high as what NFL fans are used to paying for NY Jets Tickets or for front row Dallas Cowboys Tickets.
- Each game is played with two teams composed of 2 players; you can have a reserve player.
- A game is made up of 3 sets. To win a set you must score 7 goals. Whoever wins 2 out of 3 sets wins the game.
- There are two positions, forward and back. The forward may move through the whole field exept in the opponent's throw-in area. The back must stay on his side of the halfway line, unless the ball is in his contact area. Then he can move into the opposite contact area.
- At the beginning of the game there is a draw to decide who starts. After a goal the scoring team throws the ball in, the ball is placed in the throw-in area and the back must kick it off (it must cross the halfway line)
- When a foul occurs, the other team gets a penalty kick. It must be kicked by that teams forward from the half-way line, and only the defending team's back can try to block the kick. Causes for fouls are:
- Forward crosses other throw-in line.
- Back crosses halfway line when ball is not in his contact area.
- A player stops the ball
- A player's leg comes above waist
- A player's knee or hand touches the ground, or if he comes in from the back.
- Team keeps ball in own box for 7 seconds
- A player accidently touches ball with hands
- A player makes a dangerous foul on purpose
- A foul will result in 3 penalty kicks, or untill a goal is scored (whichever comes first) for one of the following fouls.
- A player touches ball with hands on purpose.
- A player accidently touches ball with hands as it enters the goal
- A player makes a flagrant foul
- A yellow card gives the other team one goal. A red card gives them a winning set.
Home The Court Where To Play